TYPE OF SEARCH
Lundin Gold Inc. headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, is part of the Lundin Group of Companies, one of the most recognized, respected and prominent groups in the global industry today. It is comprised of 13 publicly traded companies focused on the extractive sector, operating in more than 17 countries around the world.
Lundin Gold, through its Ecuadorian subsidiary Aurelian Ecuador S.A., owns the Fruta del Norte Mine (FDN), located in southeastern Ecuador in the Zamora Chinchipe Province.
Fruta del Norte (FDN) is one of the largest and highest grade gold deposits in the world currently in production. The Company has an experienced mine operations team dedicated to advancing FDN responsibly. In the fourth quarter of 2019, Lundin Gold realized first gold production as well as the first export of gold concentrate and doré. In the first quarter of 2020 FDN achieved commercial production. Lundin Gold operates transparently in accordance with international best practices and according to its three core principles: Working Safely, Environmental Stewardship and Respect.
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Senior Heavy Equipment Mechanic will perform the various tasks and responsibilities required by the Maintenance Supervisor to properly maintain and repair the variety of equipment at the operation site.
- Provide preventive and corrective maintenance to equipment involved in mining operations, complying with safety and environmental standards.
- You will perform all maintenance tasks at the operation site (underground mine, quarry, etc.)
- Will perform all necessary inspections on plant and equipment.
- You will work with local mechanics, manage them and share your knowledge with them.
- Will participate in all training required and provided by the company.
- Will report any equipment repair needs, material requirements and any other maintenance requirements to keep production running.
- Will work with Supervisors to assemble tooling lists and material and parts requirements.
- Will provide assistance to production crews in required inspections.
- Will comply with all company health and safety procedures.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical Degree or Higher Education in Mechanics.
- Desirable to have a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years in a Heavy Equipment Mechanic role on subway mobile mining equipment, in Epiroc, CAT and MacLean brands.
- Experience in diagnostics with scanner system (RCS).
- Knowledge in hydraulic, pneumatic and undercarriage systems.
- Knowledge of relevant codes, standards and regulations.