TYPE OF SEARCH
Lundin Gold Inc. headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, is part of the Lundin Group of Companies, one of the most recognized, respected and prominent groups in the global industry today. It is comprised of 13 publicly traded companies focused on the extractive sector, operating in more than 17 countries around the world.
Lundin Gold, through its Ecuadorian subsidiary Aurelian Ecuador S.A., owns the Fruta del Norte Mine (FDN), located in southeastern Ecuador in the Zamora Chinchipe Province.
Fruta del Norte (FDN) is one of the largest and highest grade gold deposits in the world currently in production. The Company has an experienced mine operations team dedicated to advancing FDN responsibly. In the fourth quarter of 2019, Lundin Gold realized first gold production as well as the first export of gold concentrate and doré. In the first quarter of 2020 FDN achieved commercial production. Lundin Gold operates transparently in accordance with international best practices and according to its three core principles: Working Safely, Environmental Stewardship and Respect.
Ensure compliance with project control and deliverables. Monitor and control the OPEX budget, as well as the portfolio of Engineering and Construction CAPEX projects assigned to the Management. Report the progress of the master schedule of all Surface Operations projects, as well as monitor and control the schedules of the contractors in charge of the execution. Prepare reports as required on costs and schedules, as well as implement and track project control procedures.
- Formulate and implement the annual operating plan of the Project Control area, establishing short, medium and long term objectives.
- Prepare the annual Budget of the area and supervise its compliance.
- Review that the project portfolio is correctly managed in terms of cost, time and quality.
- Review documentation and bidding and tendering processes.
- Review the administration and management of the legal aspects of contracts and service orders.
- Ensure that the cost management system is properly established and analyze budgets, commitments and actual costs for both projects and Surface Operations.
- Submit cost control reports to area management and superintendencies at least weekly and monthly.
- Review cost reports, which may also include review of cost estimates and journal entries in order to resolve deviations.
- In coordination with the Planning Engineer, lead the development of the WBS and CBS of the Engineering and Construction CAPEX projects to be executed during the operations stage.
- Provide support in the expenditure/investment authorization request processes for capital projects (CAPEX) and their estimation of direct, indirect, escalation and contingency costs.
- Contribute in the development, implementation and maintenance of an efficient and effective change management system for projects.
- Participate in the change management process, including estimating the impact on the project budget and keeping the budget of each project up to date through the disciplined application of the change management process.
- Calculate and update the Estimate at Completion (or EAC) for each assigned project.
- Lead the development and implementation of an efficient and effective monitoring and control system to integrate the updated budget, commitments and incurred costs of the projects. Coordinate with internal areas of the company for the recording of commitments and costs incurred.
- Perform data analysis to identify trends, and accordingly develop estimates and projections, alerting potential deviations to the budget, as well as proposing actions aimed at completing the project within budget.
- Perform data analysis to identify trends, and accordingly prepare projections, alerting potential deviations to the schedule, as well as propose actions for compliance with the plan.
- Support contract management in analyzing contractor schedule delays/impacts in order to identify compensable and non-compensable delays/impacts.
- Support the Area Planner in the analysis and presentations of schedule and progress to internal and external stakeholders as required (Plant, Mine, H&S, etc).
- Lead change management, including impact assessment on project schedules.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering, Business Management, Project Management or equivalent.
- Postgraduate studies in Project Management or similar.
- Desirable to have PMI certification related to project management such as PMP or AACE certification related to cost/estimates.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a Project Control Engineer in engineering and construction projects, both for the client or owner, as well as for contractors; of which at least 3 in a management role.
- Experience in monitoring and controlling OPEX and portfolio costs and/or several CAPEX projects simultaneously with different physical work fronts.
- Experience in preparation and presentation of budget and cost status reports and dashboards for portfolio/programs in operations stage, directed to staff at all levels.
- Experience in identification, management and integration of key stakeholders, other than engineering and construction in order to incorporate all the necessary input for a correct estimation and projection of project costs.
- Experience in CAPEX estimating and review of economic estimates/proposals from contractors/suppliers.
- Experience in project planning and control in environments that require managing schedules and monitoring the progress of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of cost estimating, risk management and contingency calculation principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of principles and methodologies to evaluate and validate direct and indirect costs requested as additional by contractors.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Knowledge of computer tools for database management, such as MS Access, Power BI, etc.
- Microsoft Project and Primavera P6.
- Intermediate to advanced level of spoken and written English is a must.