TYPE OF SEARCH
Lundin Gold Inc. headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, is part of the Lundin Group of Companies, one of the most recognized, respected and prominent groups in the global industry today. It is comprised of 13 publicly traded companies focused on the extractive sector, operating in more than 17 countries around the world.
Lundin Gold, through its Ecuadorian subsidiary Aurelian Ecuador S.A., owns the Fruta del Norte Mine (FDN), located in southeastern Ecuador in the Zamora Chinchipe Province.
Fruta del Norte (FDN) is one of the largest and highest grade gold deposits in the world currently in production. The Company has an experienced mine operations team dedicated to advancing FDN responsibly. In the fourth quarter of 2019, Lundin Gold realized first gold production as well as the first export of gold concentrate and doré. In the first quarter of 2020 FDN achieved commercial production. Lundin Gold operates transparently in accordance with international best practices and according to its three core principles: Working Safely, Environmental Stewardship and Respect.
Responsible for providing specialized support to the areas for the deployment of continuous improvement methodologies and process improvement initiatives, comprehensive analysis of operational variables aligning Operational Excellence improvement plans to drive efficiency and achievement of Fruta del Norte’s business objectives.
- Analyze operational performance to visualize new or emerging issues to be addressed and included in improvement plans.
- Analyze data and prepare reports to inform improvement initiatives.
- Review key performance indicators (KPIs) established in the Operational Excellence strategy.
- Provide insights and recommendations based on practical knowledge for improvement.
- Provide support and follow up with area facilitators for the execution of activities to implement improvement initiatives, applying the organization’s methodology.
- Collaborate with experts from other disciplines to enable cross-functional solutions to processes.
- Support the review and analysis of assigned processes and systems on an ongoing basis and identify areas for improvement based on leading practices or other benchmarks.
- Analyze information from mine, processing and support areas to identify and prioritize improvement initiatives that improve productivity, reduce costs and contribute to the achievement of operational objectives.
- Generate information for the analysis of the ideas pipeline, gathering information from the ideas management areas; generating and delivering reports to identify actions and their prioritization for the improvement of the initiatives management process.
- Manage the initiative management system, making sure to keep updated and complete information in the system, for better tracking and management of the idea pipeline.
- Ensure training and coaching of new programs and frameworks.
- Coordinate training efforts and generate training material.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in careers such as: Industrial Engineering, Mining Engineering or related careers.
- It is desirable to have a specialization in business improvement, operational excellence.
- It is desirable to have a certification in project management.
- More than 3 years of work experience in mining or industrial sector.
- More than 2 years of practical experience in a position of similar context or complexity.
- More than 2 years of experience in data analysis.
- Intermediate to advanced level of spoken and written English is a must.