TYPE OF SEARCH
Lundin Gold Inc. headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, is part of the Lundin Group of Companies, one of the most recognized, respected and prominent groups in the global industry today. It is comprised of 13 publicly traded companies focused on the extractive sector, operating in more than 17 countries around the world.
Lundin Gold, through its Ecuadorian subsidiary Aurelian Ecuador S.A., owns the Fruta del Norte Mine (FDN), located in southeastern Ecuador in the Zamora Chinchipe Province.
Fruta del Norte (FDN) is one of the largest and highest grade gold deposits in the world currently in production. The Company has an experienced mine operations team dedicated to advancing FDN responsibly. In the fourth quarter of 2019, Lundin Gold realized first gold production as well as the first export of gold concentrate and doré. In the first quarter of 2020 FDN achieved commercial production. Lundin Gold operates transparently in accordance with international best practices and according to its three core principles: Working Safely, Environmental Stewardship and Respect.
The Business Services Senior Manager is responsible for guiding and directing activities of the Fruta del Norte support areas such as camp and site services, IT, site communications, security, and training. Providing strategic vision and development of the respective management teams in the areas of responsibility will be a primary focus. Strong analytical and managerial skills required to review and maintain all operating budgets and controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns, and potential mitigations.
- Coordinate with cross functional management team in an operation setting, ensuring support department team members are interfacing well with all customer groups.
- Manage operational deliverables and commitments of support departments by planning baseline staffing, budgets, schedules and measuring progress to ensure all deliverables are timely and according to process and company standards and procedures.
- Ensure full implementation of company processes and procedures as well as industry best practices with regards to business support areas.
- Identify and communicate design changes, scope changes and schedule slippages and potential impacts and participate in the identification of mitigations. Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, manage change management process, and communicate and suggest corrective actions.
- Communication with internal clients to ensure a clear understanding of expectations and final deliverables. Provided updates on regular basis on achievements issues and resolutions to key operational stakeholders.
- Managed consultants and contractors through functional teams while maintaining quality of service and support.
- Participate as a member of the FDN site senior management team and engage in regular leadership meetings. Gather information and prepare reports and presentations to represent support areas.
- Mentor and lead the business support areas assigned team members, ensure they are staffed appropriately, conduct regular staff performance reviews, and manage any staffing issues that may arise.
- Implement mentoring and career planning programs for team members and ensure company standards.
- Backup and assume site managerial responsibilities during absences of FDN General Manager as needed.
- All other related duties at the request of the Company.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Business Management degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the related field.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project and contractor management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced project environment.
- Experience with SAP or other accounting, work order, and purchasing system.
- Understanding of accounting functions and systems.
- Experience in cost control, including project estimation, forecasting and cost management including reporting.
- Experience being aware of occupational hazards and safety precautions in a mining environment.
- Experience leading and developing diverse teams.
- Preferably the candidate should be fluent in English and Spanish.