TYPE OF SEARCH
Lundin Gold Inc. headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, is part of the Lundin Group of Companies, one of the most recognized, respected and prominent groups in the global industry today. It is comprised of 13 publicly traded companies focused on the extractive sector, operating in more than 17 countries around the world.
Lundin Gold, through its Ecuadorian subsidiary Aurelian Ecuador S.A., owns the Fruta del Norte Mine (FDN), located in southeastern Ecuador in the Zamora Chinchipe Province.
Fruta del Norte (FDN) is one of the largest and highest grade gold deposits in the world currently in production. The Company has an experienced mine operations team dedicated to advancing FDN responsibly. In the fourth quarter of 2019, Lundin Gold realized first gold production as well as the first export of gold concentrate and doré. In the first quarter of 2020 FDN achieved commercial production. Lundin Gold operates transparently in accordance with international best practices and according to its three core principles: Working Safely, Environmental Stewardship and Respect.
The Senior Mine Manager is responsible for developing and executing the strategic plan for the Fruta del Norte mine operation. In addition, he/she has overall responsibility for the mine for: health and safety, production, engineering, maintenance, personnel management, implementation of all environmental and permitting plans, and community relations support. In addition, he/she leads the annual planning and budgeting processes for the mining operations.
- Comply with all industry safety standards and procedures, as well as applicable government regulations.
- Ensure compliance with the mine’s production and development plan in accordance with the LOM (life of mine), monitoring key performance indicators and making appropriate decisions if necessary.
- Ensure proper maintenance of mine assets.
- Properly manage the allocated budget to meet the set targets.
- Lead the management for the development of collaborators in the area, ensuring a timely process of knowledge and skills transfer from expatriate staff to national staff, through operational and technical training to improve their skills and performance.
- Collect and analyze production data to identify optimization opportunities and make timely decisions for the company.
- Monitor production and initiate necessary corrective actions to ensure that product meets quality control parameters in terms of tonnage and grades.
- Ensure that short and long term mine plans are carried out on time.
- Responsible for overall cost, production, quality and maintenance activities including the achievement of the company’s strategic plans.
- Manage personnel within company guidelines.
- Ensure that the mine operates under the premise of operational excellence, achieving the highest standards in the mining industry.
- Maintain site environmental compliance through the design and maintenance of mitigation facilities and equipment, to include testing, spill response and awareness training.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and permit requirements.
- Represent FDN on site visits by investors, local authorities and government representatives.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Mining Engineering or any technical engineering related to core mining.
- Minimum of 15 to 20 years subway mining experience with increasing levels of responsibility in maintenance, operation and technical services management.
- Knowledge in different mining methods such as long boring, cutting and mechanized backfilling.
- Knowledge in cemented paste backfill systems.
- Knowledge in cost management and budgeting.
- Previous experience in LOM strategic planning and continuous improvement plans aligned with operational excellence.
- Quality control in the maintenance of operating assets.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and general management principles.
- Previous experience working with contractors.
- Intermediate – high written and spoken English.
- Intermediate Spanish – high written and spoken level.
- Strong leadership and management skills.