TYPE OF SEARCH
Lundin Gold Inc. headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, is part of the Lundin Group of Companies, one of the most recognized, respected and prominent groups in the global industry today. It is comprised of 13 publicly traded companies focused on the extractive sector, operating in more than 17 countries around the world.
Lundin Gold, through its Ecuadorian subsidiary Aurelian Ecuador S.A., owns the Fruta del Norte Mine (FDN), located in southeastern Ecuador in the Zamora Chinchipe Province.
Fruta del Norte (FDN) is one of the largest and highest grade gold deposits in the world currently in production. The Company has an experienced mine operations team dedicated to advancing FDN responsibly. In the fourth quarter of 2019, Lundin Gold realized first gold production as well as the first export of gold concentrate and doré. In the first quarter of 2020 FDN achieved commercial production. Lundin Gold operates transparently in accordance with international best practices and according to its three core principles: Working Safely, Environmental Stewardship and Respect.
The Mechanical Operator Technician is a plant operator who, according to the Plant Supervisor’s guidelines, operates the equipment and controls operational parameters in the field. His/her experience allows him/her to participate in plant equipment maintenance, using the tools provided and in accordance with the company’s safety standards and policies.
- Attend his/her shifts punctually and will participate in scheduled lectures and trainings.
- Operate the area(s) assigned by your supervisor, which could be but not limited to: Crushing, Grinding, Gravity Concentration, Flotation, Reagent preparation and handling, Leaching, Coal handling, Paste plant operation, Tailings pumping and tailings dam.
- In the assigned area, must keep it clear and clean with access and free for safe circulation.
- He/She will collaborate and assist his co-workers to achieve the assigned tasks.
- May work rotating day and night shifts.
- Contribute to inspections in the work sectors, identifying unsafe conditions, reporting and applying their controls.
- His/Her duties will include working on plant equipment maintenance activities under the direction of maintenance personnel, either during operation and/or planned maintenance.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma complete in Industrial Maintenance, Mechanic or related fields.
- Have 3 years of experience in mechanics and operations in industrial plants such as cement plants.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of pneumatic system.
- Knowledge of pumps, valves, hand tools.
- Ability to work with lifting and evaluation of workloads.
- Have a valid driving license type G is an asset.