TYPE OF SEARCH
Lundin Gold Inc. headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, is part of the Lundin Group of Companies, one of the most recognized, respected and prominent groups in the global industry today. It is comprised of 13 publicly traded companies focused on the extractive sector, operating in more than 17 countries around the world.
Lundin Gold, through its Ecuadorian subsidiary Aurelian Ecuador S.A., owns the Fruta del Norte Mine (FDN), located in southeastern Ecuador in the Zamora Chinchipe Province.
Fruta del Norte (FDN) is one of the largest and highest grade gold deposits in the world currently in production. The Company has an experienced mine operations team dedicated to advancing FDN responsibly. In the fourth quarter of 2019, Lundin Gold realized first gold production as well as the first export of gold concentrate and doré. In the first quarter of 2020 FDN achieved commercial production. Lundin Gold operates transparently in accordance with international best practices and according to its three core principles: Working Safely, Environmental Stewardship and Respect.
The Mechanical Operator Technician is a plant operator who, according to the Plant Supervisor’s guidelines, operates the equipment and controls operational parameters in the field. His/her experience allows him/her to participate in plant equipment maintenance, using the tools provided and in accordance with the company’s safety standards and policies.
- Able to identify unsafe conditions in assigned tasks, implement risk controls and communicate to immediate superior.
- Review of work procedures under the concept of quality and safety.
- Generate preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance report for failure analysis.
- Participate in meetings with reliability for the improvement of maintenance plans.
- Disassembles and assembles components and parts of the equipment (bearings, gears, crown, pinion, shafts, seals, gaskets, lubrication pump, etc.) taking care not to damage sensitive elements and respecting the sequence indicated in the instructions, service manuals and / or work formats established by the company.
- Executes maintenance activities according to the technical recommendations of the manufacturers and using the maintenance techniques referred to the activity.
- Visually check equipment parts to determine obvious wear, gaps, cracks and internal scratches.
- Records and informs supervision of the level of repair of damaged parts (pulleys, belts, gears, chains, pinions, seals, shafts, sensors, bushings, bearings and rotors) according to the company’s procedure.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Title of Technology in industrial mechanics.
- Minimum 5 years in maintenance activities in the mining, oil, cement or industrial sector.
- Alignment and leveling of rotating and static equipment.
- Experience in digital instrumentation equipment.
- Knowledge of metrology and calibration of components: micrometers, interior and exterior, goniometers.
- Knowledge of reading mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic exploded views.