TYPE OF SEARCH
Lundin Gold Inc. headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, is part of the Lundin Group of Companies, one of the most recognized, respected and prominent groups in the global industry today. It is comprised of 13 publicly traded companies focused on the extractive sector, operating in more than 17 countries around the world.
Lundin Gold, through its Ecuadorian subsidiary Aurelian Ecuador S.A., owns the Fruta del Norte Mine (FDN), located in southeastern Ecuador in the Zamora Chinchipe Province.
Fruta del Norte (FDN) is one of the largest and highest grade gold deposits in the world currently in production. The Company has an experienced mine operations team dedicated to advancing FDN responsibly. In the fourth quarter of 2019, Lundin Gold realized first gold production as well as the first export of gold concentrate and doré. In the first quarter of 2020 FDN achieved commercial production. Lundin Gold operates transparently in accordance with international best practices and according to its three core principles: Working Safely, Environmental Stewardship and Respect.
The Mechanical Operator Technician is a plant operator who, according to the Plant Supervisor’s guidelines, operates the equipment and controls operational parameters in the field. His/her experience allows him/her to participate in plant equipment maintenance, using the tools provided and in accordance with the company’s safety standards and policies.
- Employees must comply with national and Health and Safety regulations, company policies and procedures, and the company’s environmental compliance policy. Employees will perform other tasks as directed and required by the business to ensure optimal safe operation.
- Follow work procedures.
- You must wear personal protective equipment, including steel-toed shoes, long sleeves, and any other equipment to perform tasks safely, as determined by the health and safety plan.
- Prepare technical reports, create figures, and present data to a variety of audiences.
- Operate a light vehicle, including a pre-operational inspection, for the purpose of accessing various locations in the underground mine for inspections, planning and work supervision.
- Walking on rough, uneven and wet terrain, and climbing stairs.
- Use personal protective equipment, such as respirators in dusty environments, and fall arrest equipment when accessing equipment or working at heights.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical Bachelor in Industrial Mechanics or related careers.
- Have a type B license.
- At least 5 years of experience in roles as manual and portable lathe in industrial companies, oil companies, large-scale component repair shops.
- Experience in electric arc welding, ideal to know Mig-Mag and Tig.
- Experience in the selection of materials and heat treatments.