TYPE OF SEARCH
Lundin Gold Inc. headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, is part of the Lundin Group of Companies, one of the most recognized, respected and prominent groups in the global industry today. It is comprised of 13 publicly traded companies focused on the extractive sector, operating in more than 17 countries around the world.
Lundin Gold, through its Ecuadorian subsidiary Aurelian Ecuador S.A., owns the Fruta del Norte Mine (FDN), located in southeastern Ecuador in the Zamora Chinchipe Province.
Fruta del Norte (FDN) is one of the largest and highest grade gold deposits in the world currently in production. The Company has an experienced mine operations team dedicated to advancing FDN responsibly. In the fourth quarter of 2019, Lundin Gold realized first gold production as well as the first export of gold concentrate and doré. In the first quarter of 2020 FDN achieved commercial production. Lundin Gold operates transparently in accordance with international best practices and according to its three core principles: Working Safely, Environmental Stewardship and Respect.
Responsible for administrative and financial activities in Exploration
- Collaborate with the Administrative Coordinator and Exploration Manager in expense control
- Perform financial reporting
- Ensure the execution of the financial strategy of the Exploration department.
- Assist in the preparation of budget and financial projections.
- Advise on opportunities to optimize financial efficiency and reduce costs
- Utilize and coordinate the use of technology tools and management systems.
- Participate in the implementation and updating of administrative systems.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure effective communication on administrative and financial issues
- Monthly financial reporting (SAP)
- Assign Cost Centers to each purchase.
- Analyze and project minimum and maximum costs for Exploration inputs.
- Review reports prior to issuing the SES
- Perform contract fund increases/Revisions with contracts
- Make monthly accruals
- Manage attention to suppliers and visitors
- Follow up on purchases
- Review bi-weekly lunch feeding for remote locations.
- Submit monthly man hours for LUG staff and contractors.
- Review monthly fuel consumption and cost centers.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 4 years in similar positions.
- Working knowledge of financial systems or SAP software
- Solid knowledge in financial roles
- Solid knowledge in management roles
- Knowledge in costing
- Ability to perform financial analysis and use data for decision making.
- Experience in analyzing financial reports
- Ability to manage projects to efficiently coordinate tasks and projects.
- Ability to explain financial concepts clearly
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Advanced Microsoft Word
- SAP knowledge