TYPE OF SEARCH
Lundin Gold Inc. headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, is part of the Lundin Group of Companies, one of the most recognized, respected and prominent groups in the global industry today. It is comprised of 13 publicly traded companies focused on the extractive sector, operating in more than 17 countries around the world.
Lundin Gold, through its Ecuadorian subsidiary Aurelian Ecuador S.A., owns the Fruta del Norte Mine (FDN), located in southeastern Ecuador in the Zamora Chinchipe Province.
Fruta del Norte (FDN) is one of the largest and highest grade gold deposits in the world currently in production. The Company has an experienced mine operations team dedicated to advancing FDN responsibly. In the fourth quarter of 2019, Lundin Gold realized first gold production as well as the first export of gold concentrate and doré. In the first quarter of 2020 FDN achieved commercial production. Lundin Gold operates transparently in accordance with international best practices and according to its three core principles: Working Safely, Environmental Stewardship and Respect.
Promote the incorporation of the ArcGIS platform to the business processes of customers through on-site support. The professional will provide support for design, implementation and maintenance of enterprise GIS architecture, must always work implementing the different techniques and procedures to achieve an efficient and sustainable design, will provide their services under the conditions indicated, their technical professional services with quality and in the amount specified by the area director and / or his delegate.
The role, in addition, focuses on the review, validation and integration of the company’s information and support in information needs, maintenance and feeding of the enterprise Geodatabase with information at different scales, levels and complexity, will also establish the guidelines of an information exchange model for all user levels in LUNDIN GOLD through an enterprise SDI (Spatial Data Infrastructure).
- Support the area director or project manager in the execution of assigned professional services tasks. s
- To collaborate in the design, implementation and management of ArcGIS Enterprice and the company’s various GIS products.
- Maintain all GIS systems and applications generated, updated and aligned with assigned professional services.
- Perform on-site technical support to the different departments to meet objectives.
- Understand the technical processes of each area of the company and support the areas in the use of the ArcGIS platform.
- Raise workflows of Lundin Gold departments for the automation of processes.
- Recommend best practices in the use of ArcGIS software so that users can take full advantage of the licenses and services available.
- Maintain all GIS systems and applications generated, updated and aligned with project requirements.
- Support in concept and pilot tests assigned by the area director or project manager involving ArcGIS platform products.
- Extend knowledge of the platform through workshops or talks according to the company’s needs.
- Prepare periodic report of the activities performed in the execution of the assigned professional services.
- Propose improvements to the processes in which the professional is involvedof the resource.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Geographic Engineering, Geology, Environmental, Forestry, Electronics, Geosciences, Geoinformatics, Computer Science, Computer Science, Systems, Cadastral, Geodesy, Civil Engineering, Information Management Systems, Information Technology or related.
- Minimum experience of 5 to 7 years in similar positions managing Geographic Integration Systems.
- Experience in handling large and complex databases.
- Experience in handling programming languages.
- Knowledge in ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online and geographic information systems in general.
- Knowledge in Oracle Databases, SQL Server and others.
- Advanced level of spoken and written English is a must.