TYPE OF SEARCH
Lundin Gold Inc. headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, is part of the Lundin Group of Companies, one of the most recognized, respected and prominent groups in the global industry today. It is comprised of 13 publicly traded companies focused on the extractive sector, operating in more than 17 countries around the world.
Lundin Gold, through its Ecuadorian subsidiary Aurelian Ecuador S.A., owns the Fruta del Norte Mine (FDN), located in southeastern Ecuador in the Zamora Chinchipe Province.
Fruta del Norte (FDN) is one of the largest and highest grade gold deposits in the world currently in production. The Company has an experienced mine operations team dedicated to advancing FDN responsibly. In the fourth quarter of 2019, Lundin Gold realized first gold production as well as the first export of gold concentrate and doré. In the first quarter of 2020 FDN achieved commercial production. Lundin Gold operates transparently in accordance with international best practices and according to its three core principles: Working Safely, Environmental Stewardship and Respect.
The Finance Manager is responsible for all aspects of finance including accounting, tax, treasury and financial planning and analysis ensuring that services and /or operating standards are met (internally and /or externally).
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate all functions related with Finance including accounting, tax, treasury, and financial planning and analysis;
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and financial systems;
- Prepare the monthly reports, summaries and other profitability analysis and financial management reports or coordinate their preparation;
- Coordinate the financial planning and budget process;
- Assess the financial reporting systems, accounting practices and investment initiatives and propose changes to procedures, operating systems and other financial control functions;
- Hire, organize, train, and manage staff under your responsibility;
- Alert and report to senior management of all critical trends with respect to the financial performance of Fruta del Norte;
- Ensure department’s compliance with the requirement of Government of Ecuador, shareholders’ environmental, health and Safety legislation and company regulations.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience and possess a recognized professional accounting designation in the development, set up and administration of a data management and IT system.
- Strong background in management and business principals along with advanced training in other technical fields is a benefit.
- Previous mining experience is a plus.
- Experience with SAP system is an asset.