TYPE OF SEARCH
Lundin Gold Inc. headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, is part of the Lundin Group of Companies, one of the most recognized, respected and prominent groups in the global industry today. It is comprised of 13 publicly traded companies focused on the extractive sector, operating in more than 17 countries around the world.
Lundin Gold, through its Ecuadorian subsidiary Aurelian Ecuador S.A., owns the Fruta del Norte Mine (FDN), located in southeastern Ecuador in the Zamora Chinchipe Province.
Fruta del Norte (FDN) is one of the largest and highest grade gold deposits in the world currently in production. The Company has an experienced mine operations team dedicated to advancing FDN responsibly. In the fourth quarter of 2019, Lundin Gold realized first gold production as well as the first export of gold concentrate and doré. In the first quarter of 2020 FDN achieved commercial production. Lundin Gold operates transparently in accordance with international best practices and according to its three core principles: Working Safely, Environmental Stewardship and Respect.
The main role of the Environmental Superintendent is to establish the necessary guidelines for full compliance with the environmental objectives and commitments acquired in the various environmental licenses for the different components of Fruta del Norte project.
- Responsible for the management and corresponding compliance with the environmental measures established in the environmental management plans.
- Responsible for maintaining objective compliance with environmental management.
- Responsible for ensuring that the changes presented by the project do not violate the authorizations granted for the project, manage them or anticipate them adequately.
- Responsible for leading the processes of revegetation and solid and liquid waste management. Develop strategies for the efficient competitiveness of solid and liquid waste management.
- Implementation of strategies to be made aware with management and direction.
- Coordination of environmental monitoring and control, following up and evaluating the monitoring of water quality, air quality, biotic monitoring, environmental noise and all aspects considered in the legislation and management plans together with the Senior Environmental Coordinator.
- Support in environmental planning and permit management.
- Participation in strategic issues for environmental management.
- Support in the implementation of the Environmental Management System.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in environmental engineering or related technical skills desirable master’s degree in environmental issues.
- 10 years of experience, with at least 5 years of experience in mining.
- Work on engineering projects to ensure that environmental measures are implemented in the design.
- Knowledge of safety and local environmental and health regulations, safety and health at work regulations for the mining industry.