TYPE OF SEARCH
Lundin Gold Inc. headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, is part of the Lundin Group of Companies, one of the most recognized, respected and prominent groups in the global industry today. It is comprised of 13 publicly traded companies focused on the extractive sector, operating in more than 17 countries around the world.
Lundin Gold, through its Ecuadorian subsidiary Aurelian Ecuador S.A., owns the Fruta del Norte Mine (FDN), located in southeastern Ecuador in the Zamora Chinchipe Province.
Fruta del Norte (FDN) is one of the largest and highest grade gold deposits in the world currently in production. The Company has an experienced mine operations team dedicated to advancing FDN responsibly. In the fourth quarter of 2019, Lundin Gold realized first gold production as well as the first export of gold concentrate and doré. In the first quarter of 2020 FDN achieved commercial production. Lundin Gold operates transparently in accordance with international best practices and according to its three core principles: Working Safely, Environmental Stewardship and Respect.
The Mechanical Operator Technician is a plant operator who, according to the Plant Supervisor’s guidelines, operates the equipment and controls operational parameters in the field. His/her experience allows him/her to participate in plant equipment maintenance, using the tools provided and in accordance with the company’s safety standards and policies.
- Install, check, replace, and repair electrical cables, outlets, switch boxes, conduits, arteries, fiber and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures, and other components.
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage, and resistance.
- Maintain, repair, install and test breaking devices, transformers.
- Repair, install and test electric motors, generators, alternators, pumps, industrial accumulators and hydraulic and pneumatic control systems.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial electrical systems, electronic control systems and other related electronic devices
- Perform preventive maintenance programs and maintain maintenance records for fixed and mobile equipment.
- In case of major breakdowns that lead to the cessation of production, notify the supervisor.
- If necessary, operate Telehandler to carry out electrical installations in the mine. Applies only to personnel authorized to operate Telehandler equipment in accordance with current legislation and internal company processes.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical Bachelor or Technologist in electricity.
- Have at least 2 to 5 years of experience in related positions in industrial companies.
- Indispensable experience working with high voltage.