TYPE OF SEARCH
Lundin Gold Inc. headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, is part of the Lundin Group of Companies, one of the most recognized, respected and prominent groups in the global industry today. It is comprised of 13 publicly traded companies focused on the extractive sector, operating in more than 17 countries around the world.
Lundin Gold, through its Ecuadorian subsidiary Aurelian Ecuador S.A., owns the Fruta del Norte Mine (FDN), located in southeastern Ecuador in the Zamora Chinchipe Province.
Fruta del Norte (FDN) is one of the largest and highest grade gold deposits in the world currently in production. The Company has an experienced mine operations team dedicated to advancing FDN responsibly. In the fourth quarter of 2019, Lundin Gold realized first gold production as well as the first export of gold concentrate and doré. In the first quarter of 2020 FDN achieved commercial production. Lundin Gold operates transparently in accordance with international best practices and according to its three core principles: Working Safely, Environmental Stewardship and Respect.
Sustainably improve the performance of mining operations by supporting the Dispatch room and working closely with the Maintenance and Mine Operations teams to identify and fix best practices and opportunities in the different activities of the mining cycle. Leads activities in the Dispatch team to identify and implement performance opportunities, with a particular focus on managing the interface between Mine operations and Maintenance. This role will be responsible for managing continuous improvement initiatives for mine operations and ensuring that high value initiatives are effectively implemented. The Dispatch Supervisor will technically coach mine dispatchers to optimize the dispatch system and achieve maximum performance of the mining operation.
- Participate in the development and implementation of dispatch and operation management systems in the Dispatch area in FDN with clear objectives to achieve maximum potential, operational excellence and the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Create or present alternatives for the creation of a platform to maximize the benefit that Dispatch can offer and ensure that it continues to evolve and add greater value over time.
- Increase production results by increasing capacity, reducing throughput variability and operational discipline. Establish control variables to show the economic benefits of implementing the Dispatch system.
- Tracking the value delivered through the Dispatch team’s improvement initiatives.
- Provide a safe and inclusive workplace for all staff, with a focus on fatigue management.
- Work closely with the operations and maintenance teams to ensure the implementation of operational and technological best practices under a global standard format to ensure that identified improvements are implemented and to ensure follow up of those initiatives that are ongoing.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Systems or Industrial Engineering.
- More than 5 years of experience in similar positions.
- Experience in the Underground Mining industry is a must.
- English Medium oral and written desirable.
- Microsoft office Suite, SQL Database, Reporting Tools, Power BI.
- Knowledge in Dispatch systems.
- Knowledge in reporting, data analysis and mine planning software.
- Experience in work execution, planning and resource management.