TYPE OF SEARCH
Lundin Gold Inc. headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, is part of the Lundin Group of Companies, one of the most recognized, respected and prominent groups in the global industry today. It is comprised of 13 publicly traded companies focused on the extractive sector, operating in more than 17 countries around the world.
Lundin Gold, through its Ecuadorian subsidiary Aurelian Ecuador S.A., owns the Fruta del Norte Mine (FDN), located in southeastern Ecuador in the Zamora Chinchipe Province.
Fruta del Norte (FDN) is one of the largest and highest grade gold deposits in the world currently in production. The Company has an experienced mine operations team dedicated to advancing FDN responsibly. In the fourth quarter of 2019, Lundin Gold realized first gold production as well as the first export of gold concentrate and doré. In the first quarter of 2020 FDN achieved commercial production. Lundin Gold operates transparently in accordance with international best practices and according to its three core principles: Working Safely, Environmental Stewardship and Respect.
Reporting to the Vice President Exploration, the Principal Exploration Geologist will play a key role discovering and delineating resources by developing targets, designing programs, and helping to execute on a variety of projects with the ultimate goal of strategically contribute to the sustain long-term production.
- Provide hands-on assistance and supervision of exploration activities in the field as well as the office.
- Actively manage the discovery of new resources as outlined in the business strategy and project pipeline.
- Identifying and implementing appropriate exploration systems to improve and enhance exploration efficiencies.
- Generate exploration targets using geologic mapping, geochemical and geophysical data.
- Identify and source innovative global exploration concepts and technologies to aid exploration.
- Building and training of exploration teams. Provide coaching to Graduate Geologists, Geologists and Project Geologists.
- Implementing and maintaining quality assurance and control protocols (QAQC) in drilling, logging and sampling in accordance with international best practices for the purposes of Mineral Resource Estimation.
- Ensure the exploration database and other datasets is maintained effectively.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Geological Engineering.
- At least 12 to 15 years of professional experience in near mine and regional exploration environment in distinct type of gold and base metals deposits. Exposure to near mine exploration environment is mandatory. A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in in a similar role.
- Experience in implementing and coordinating projects from grassroots reconnaissance though to mineral resource development.
- Knowledge in regional/local mineral prospectivity reviews, geological data interpretation, target generation and assessment, mineral exploration program design and project strategy.
- Experience in performs geological and exploration analyses of spatial data using GIS Technology and generates reports when necessary; and prepare technical reports, present data to a variety of audiences.
- Deep understanding of the mineral systems concepts
- Proficiency in the use of software packages used in mineral exploration such as Leapfrog and ArcGis Pro. Ability to compile /manage database, and expertise in 3D geological modelling.
- Advanced level of English, both written and oral, is a must.
- Advanced level of Spanish, both written and oral, is a must.
- Be able to operates with a high degree of autonomy to analyze diverse geologic data sets, develop targets, design, and present programs, and execute exploration work, from early-stage reconnaissance to advanced drilling.