TYPE OF SEARCH
Lundin Gold Inc. headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, is part of the Lundin Group of Companies, one of the most recognized, respected and prominent groups in the global industry today. It is comprised of 13 publicly traded companies focused on the extractive sector, operating in more than 17 countries around the world.
Lundin Gold, through its Ecuadorian subsidiary Aurelian Ecuador S.A., owns the Fruta del Norte Mine (FDN), located in southeastern Ecuador in the Zamora Chinchipe Province.
Fruta del Norte (FDN) is one of the largest and highest grade gold deposits in the world currently in production. The Company has an experienced mine operations team dedicated to advancing FDN responsibly. In the fourth quarter of 2019, Lundin Gold realized first gold production as well as the first export of gold concentrate and doré. In the first quarter of 2020 FDN achieved commercial production. Lundin Gold operates transparently in accordance with international best practices and according to its three core principles: Working Safely, Environmental Stewardship and Respect.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for supporting the General Manager on guiding and directing the activities of Fruta del Norte in operations and the support areas. Helping to provide strategic vision and development of the respective management teams. Strong analytical and managerial skills required to support control of all operating budgets, support all departments and manage a level of accountability to meet the diverse list of Company objectives. The Assistant General Manager will champion the Operational Excellence campaign across the site to continue the collective strive for optimization.
- Support the coordination with cross functional management team in an operation setting, ensuring support department team members are interfacing well with all customer groups.
- Help develop operational goals and deliverables and commitments of support departments by planning baseline staffing, budgets, schedules and measuring progress to ensure all deliverables are timely and according to process and company standards and procedures.
- Support the Company´s compliance with the requirement of the Government of Ecuador, shareholders’ environmental, health and Safety legislation and company regulations.
- Support General Manager in maintaining sound ethical and responsible practice by all departments involved in purchasing, logistics, contractor management, and consultant engagement.
- Working together with all Managers within FDN, help define the strategic plan for the operation of the different areas and disciplines. Supporting and analyzing all parameters that will ensure the sustainability of the business and compliance with Safety and Environmental Care Procedures.
- Promote best practices in health, safety and industrial hygiene and implement appropriate procedures to mitigate risks in the mine, plant, and all operational areas, being an exemplary leader.
- Help all Managers of FDN in developing clear objectives for the timely knowledge and skills transfer from expatriate personnel to national personnel.
- Ongoing monitoring of production information, compliance with monthly KPIs, analysis of causes of non-compliance with goals and taking corrective measures.
- Actively participate in risk assessments, projects, resources, and internal and external efforts assigned to the position.
- Ensure full implementation of company processes and procedures as well as industry best practices with regards to business support areas.
- Identify and communicate design changes, scope changes and schedule slippages and potential impacts and participate in the identification of mitigations. Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, manage change management process, and communicate and suggest corrective actions.
- Support General Manager to communicate with internal clients to ensure a clear understanding of expectations and final deliverables.
- Provide regular updates on achievements, issues, and resolutions to key operational stakeholders.
- In General Managers absence, assume site management responsibilities and authorities.
- Participate as a member of the FDN site senior management team and engage in regular leadership meetings. Gather information and prepare reports and presentations to represent support areas.
- Support General Manager in mentoring and leading all areas of the business to ensure they are staffed appropriately, conduct regular performance reviews, and manage any personnel or operational issues that may arise.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in technical careers.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the related field.
- Experience with SAP or other accounting, work order, and purchasing system.
- Understanding of accounting functions and systems.
- Experience in cost control, project estimation, forecasting and reporting.
- Experience being aware of occupational hazards and safety precautions in a mining environment.
- Experience leading and developing diverse teams.
- Preferably the candidate should be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project and contractor management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced project environment.